Gay Vermont Inns

More Than Gay-friendly...We're Gay-owned!

Gay Vermont Inns is the only website dedicated to promoting lodging
properties in Vermont that are owned and operated by Gays and Lesbians.

Gay Vermont Inns
Gay Vermont Inns Lodging
Gay Vermont Inns Civil Unions

Greg Trulson
Justice of the Peace

I work closely with couples to create a truly personal and memorable ceremony. You will receive samples of beautiful ceremonies from which you can look through to start thinking about your ceremony. I will take whatever input you wish to give me to customize and create a personalized ceremony. Since 2001, I have had the privilege of officiating hundreds of ceremonies throughout Vermont. I would be honored to serve as your officiant.



Civil Union Reception in a Gay Vermont Inn

Gay Weddings in Vermont

Vermont welcomes couples from all over the country and abroad to have their dream wedding. In 2000, Vermont was the first state in the country to offer Civil Unions. Since September 1, 2009, Civil Marriage became legal.

The properties listed in this directory are pleased and honored to provide you wedding services and accommodations. Visit their sites for information on gay wedding packages.

Getting a civil marriage license

Your innkeepers can help you through this process, but here are the basic steps.

1. Apply for a civil marriage license at a Town Clerk's office. Out of state couples may apply in any town. There is no waiting period to apply, no residency requirements, no blood tests, nor witnesses required. Call ahead to make sure they'll be open and to learn what information is required. The license costs $45 plus local fees and is good for 60 days.

2. Contact a Justice of the Peace, judge or minister if you don't already have one. Your host at any of the Gay Vermont Inns will be able to assist you in finding an officiant.

3. Hold the ceremony.
Whether you have a lavish event with 200 people or a small, private ceremony for two, it's your choice. The justice of the peace, judge, or clergy and your innkeeper can work with you to make your ceremony truly special. After the ceremony, the officiant has 10 days to file the certified license with the Town Clerk.


Innkeepers: Click here to add your business to Gay Vermont Inns.